FutureCow Teatscrubber® Prep System
The FutureCow Prep System® lets you prep teats for milking in one easy step. Our teat scrubber gently washes, disinfects, stimulates, and dries teats in one easy, consistent process. The best part is you can eliminate towels and all the associated expenses on your dairy!
Teatscrubber – Photo Gallery *
A Better Way to Prep Teats
No More Towels – FutureCow customers can eliminate the use of towels in their parlor. That means no more money spent on disposable towels or less wear and tear on your washers & dryers. Those savings add up!
Better Results – Our teat scrubber speeds up your prep process, throughput, and milk out times. The system makes parlors more consistent and efficient. Our customers report a drop in somatic cell count and new mastitis cases within the first 60 to 90 days.
Labor Savings – Some farms can also eliminate one person per shift providing a savings of up to $60,000 a year. Others can milk more cows per shift without adding additional labor.
Milkers Love It – With our teat scrubber your milkers will walk back and forth less often, and no more straining their hands drying teats with towels. Plus, training new employees to use Teatscrubber is easier when compared to a 4- or 5-part prep process.
Now Acceptable For Use on Organic Farms
FutureCow’s patented Chlorine Dioxide solution is now allowed for use on U.S. organic dairy farms.
7 CFR § 205.603 (b)(9) – Sodium chlorite, acidified – allowed for use on organic livestock as teat dip treatment.
National Organic Standards Board – Formal Recommendation to the National Organic Program.
Organic Materials Review Institute – Acidified Sodium Chlorite, certifiers should take extra care to verify that only citric acid is being used to activate the sodium chlorite solution.
Our Patented Disinfectant
FutureCow uses a chlorine dioxide solution to disinfect teats. Chlorine dioxide is a quick kill disinfectant that acts quickly to kill microorganisms on the teat while leaving the skin healthy. And Chlorine dioxide is a more cost-effective option than many other dips.
- Acceptable for use on organic farms.
- FutureCow holds multiple patents and is the only scrubber that can use chlorine dioxide.
- We do not use iodine as it requires prolonged teat contact to effectively kill pathogens. Iodine leaves a residue on the teat that must be wiped off prior to milking while chlorine dioxide does not.
- We do not use hypochlorite or a bleach solution as it will dry out the teat and cause irritation.
What to Expect using a Teat Scrubber
Reduce Labor Costs
- Most dairies can eliminate one full time position per shift
- Rotary parlors require one less worker per shift
- Farms see more cows milked per hour by current number of workers
Consistent & Efficient
- Consistent cleaning for all cows
- Eliminates one pass for workers
- Brush speed optimized for maximum let down and milk out
- Unique cover design ensures teats are properly aligned
* ® The green color of the FutureCow Teatscrubber brushes is protected via trade dress (US Trademark Reg. No. 4,757,765).
* ™ The color combination of the FutureCow Teatscrubber handle is protected via trade dress.