Launched in 2019, Farming for Generations is a global alliance that aims to promote regenerative agriculture in dairy farming. Regenerative agriculture is a partnership with nature, in which available technologies today can amplify nature’s original capacity, while protecting biodiversity and preserving animal welfare.
In a nutshell, our goals are to:
- Speed up the transition towards regenerative agriculture to preserve and renew our planet’s resources
- Empower generations of dairy farmers to strengthen economic sustainability and ensure long-term viability
- Test innovative solutions driven by world leaders in agriculture
- Adjust them according to feedback and input from participating farms, and to respect animal welfare and ensure a healthy lifecycle.
Two years after launching, the Farming for Generations global alliance led by Danone, of which FutureCow is an active partner, shows that it is possible to reconcile sustainable farming practices with long-term economic viability of farming businesses. The alliance focuses on working hand in hand with farmers to help them transition towards regenerative agriculture and plan for the future.
To date, we have been collaborating with 30 pioneer farms in the United States, the European Union and Russia, piloting and implementing agricultural practices, essential to building the sustainable food systems of tomorrow. In just two years, many solutions have already proven to be viable, showing remarkable results we are proud to share:
- In Spain, 4 Spanish farms needed to optimize nutrient supply to achieve yield, quality and environmental targets. In 8 months, they achieved an increase of +11% in green yield, a reduction of -2.7% of their GHG emissions, all while increasing their milk production of +17%
- In Russia, the Verbilovskoe farm was hoping to improve udder health by using antibiotics judiciously. In a year and a half, the farm reduced mastitis incidence by -52%, reduced antibiotics treatments by -20%, while increasing its milk production of +305 kg