Superior Performance under Heat Stress
- White cattle spend more time grazing-eating and less time looking for shade
- Better dry matter intake and gains
- Superior reproductive efficiency
Better Regulation of Body Temperature and Superior Comfort
- Light Haired cattle colorations are a preferred trait that helps reflect thermal radiation and reduce heat captured by the animal.
- The White Angus cattle shows an 83% greater sweating rate than Black Angus
- A 1.98 ℉ lower vaginal temperature
The Genetic Advantage and Approach of the Future
- White Angus can produce the reproductive and carcass merit of the Angus breed, while having the White hide for environmental advantage.
- Significant value to beef production in tropical and sub-tropical regions of the world.